Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fire-Roasted Gazpacho



I have always wanted to make a gazpacho, but for some reason I never have gotten around to it. I saw this on Rachael Ray's talk show and I knew it would be fast, light, and delicious!! My husband used some of the leftovers as salsa.

I am submitting this to the wonderful Joelen's blog event Food Network Chefs. Check out her blog, or even participate in one of her many events!! http://joelens.blogspot.com/


Fire-Roasted Gazpacho

1 small red onion
1/4 seedless cucumber
1 jalapeno pepper
1 clove garlic
1 slice bread
a small handful of cilantro
1 lime
28 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
splash of tomato juice
2 tsp hot sauce
2 roasted red peppers
pepper

Dice onion, cucumber, and jalapeno into large chunks and place in food processor.
Grate in garlic.
Cut the crust off of the bread and tear into large chunks and add to food processor.
Add cilantro, juice of 1 lime, tomatoes, and hot sauce.
Drain the liquid from the red peppers and add to processor.
Add pinch of pepper.
Pulse food processor until the gazpacho reaches the consistency you like.


I served the gazpacho in a martini glass.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Look at that gazpacho! This is going on my must try list, especially when I'll be moving to warmer weather in a few months. Great idea serving in swanky martini glasses too! :)