Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pizza Night




Tonight I decided to make a couple homemade pizzas. I had a ton of fresh tomatoes and wanted to use them up. I also had a leftover chicken breast to use. I made a barbecue chicken pizza and a tomato, mozzarella and basil pizza.



Barbecue Chicken Pizza

1 store bought pizza crust
1 chicken breast (precooked-diced into small cubes)
1/3 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 small slices of a red onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese



Spread BBQ sauce on pizza crust, then add onion and chicken. Cover with cheese. Cook according to crust package directions.



Tomato Mozzarella and Basil Pizza

1 store bought pizza crust
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
3 roma tomatoes (thinly sliced)
4 slices of fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
handful of fresh basil leaves



Drizzle crust with olive oil, and arrange tomatoes, basil, and garic onto crust. Cook according to crust directions.

No comments: