Sunday, February 17, 2008

Baked Pasta with Spicy Sausage




It has been cold here in Ohio, and I was craving some nice comfort food. I threw together this baked ziti recipe, and it really hit the spot.


1 lb medium shell pasta
1 lb spicy italian turkey sausage
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar pasta sauce (I used a tomato basil variety)
Cook pasta accorining to package directions. I went a couple minutes shorter because I knew it would be going into the oven. Remove sausage from casing and saute until cooked through. Drain any excess grease off sausage. Add pasta sauce to sausage until warm. Drain pasta and mix with ricotta cheese. Combine sausage mixture and pasta. Place into 9 x 13 dish and cover with the mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 about 20 minutes until cheese on top melts and gets bubbly.



No comments: