Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rigatoni with Cannellini Beans & Spinach




I wanted to try to use up some of the items I have in my pantry. This dish was a great way to use up some items that I keep meaning to use, but never make it on a menu.

Rigatoni with Cannellini Beans & Spinach
Source:ME

1 lb rigatoni
2 shallots, minced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp tuscan spice blend
1/2 lb fresh spinach
15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 roma tomatoes, diced
pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions. Saute shallots, garlic, red pepper flakes, and spice blend in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add beans, spinach, and 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid. When pasta is done, add back into pan with diced tomato. Toss and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! This looks REALLY good. I love the ingredients and the dish looks great as well.