Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pork Chops with Raspberry Mustard Sauce, Roasted Broccoli & Garlic Smashed Potatoes





Sorry about the shadow on the picture!
This meal helped me get through a rough night after work. I was exhausted and I had the rest of the weekend to work and be on call. I was ready to get take out but my husband was really craving the pork chops I had in the fridge. It turned out as a great blessing. Cooking the meal made me forget for a little while about work, and just relax and cook and eat a great tasting meal!! I got the idea for this sauce from one of Rachael Ray's talk shows. It was one of the bottom of the jar recipes. I added the shallots and beer to get all of the great pork bits from the pan. I stole some of the beer from the bottle my husband was drinking!! The pork chops were wonderful. I served it with my easy garlic smashed potatoes, and our favorite way to have broccoli which is roasted.

Pork Chops with Raspberry Mustard Sauce
4 boneless pork chops
1 shallot
2 tablespoons Smithwich's beer
2 tsp raspberry jelly
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper

I pan seared the pork chops on medium heat for about 4 minutes per side. Removed the chops from the pan and added 1 diced shallot and the beer. Cook the shallots for about 2 minutes. Meanwhile mix jelly, mustard, vinegar, and salt/pepper to small plastic container and shake until well mixed. Add mixture back to the pan. Drizzle mixture over pork chops and serve.

Garlic Smashed Potatoes
5 medium size red skin potatoes
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup milk
handful of shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Wash and cut potatoes into about 2 inches chunks and add to cold water. Add garlic with potatoes and boil for 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and add milk until the consistency desired. Mix in cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.


Roasted Broccoli
broccoli (florets and stems)
olive oil
salt and pepper

Wash broccoli, removed any leaves and cut 1 inch off broccoli and discard. Cut the remainder of florets and stems into 2 inches pieces. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments: