Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Peach Salsa and Mango Salsa






Here is another recipe from my Weekend Wizards group. It's Rachael Ray's Grilled Pork Chops with Peachy Hot Salsa. I made grilled pork tenderloin and grilled chicken. I also made our favorite mango salsa. We had plenty of choices. I think the mango salsa would also be delicious on fish.




Here is a link to her original recipe http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/beef-pork-lamb-recipes/grilled-pork-chops-with-peachy-hot-salsa/article.html


Grilled Pork Chops with Peachy Hot Salsa
by Rachael Ray
From Every Day with Rachael Ray
June-July 2008

Adapted by ME

3 peaches, peeled and halved
1 lb pork tenderloin
1 avocado, finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1 serrano chili, diced
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp lime juice

Dice peaches and place in medium bowl.
Stir in avocado, onion, chili, parsley, sugar, and lime juice.
Grill pork tenderloin on medium high heat for 8-9 minutes on each side.
Check to see that the internal temperature is about 155 degrees.
Let meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve with peach salsa.

I would wait to add the avocado until the last minute, because the texture can get slimy if it sits too long.
I also served this with some grilled chicken.
I grilled to chicken breasts on medium high for about 9 minutes per side.
I also served this with my mango salsa.



Mango Salsa

2 mangos, diced
1 serrano chili, finely diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
handful chopped cilantro

Combine above ingredients.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - fruit salsas are one of my favorite snacks and ingredients to cook with! These look wonderful!

Maryanna said...

I'll have to make this for my sister when she comes into town. She loves mango salsas.