Sunday, December 7, 2008

Breakfast Casserole

This is a great breakfast to make on a Sunday and have the leftovers for dinner or the next day.

Breakfast Casserole
5 small redskin potatoes
2 zucchini
cooking spray
1 lb turkey sausage
8 eggs
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Dice potatoes and zucchini and place in a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray.
Roast potatoes and zucchini at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown sausage in skillet and drain any excess grease.
Whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper.
Add sausage and egg mixture to the veggies and bake for 40 additional minutes.

4 comments:

Maryanna said...

I love breakfast casseroles. This one looks good and even has veggies. Mmmm.

Christy said...

Breakfast casseroles are one of my favorites..my hubby too. Yours looks fabulous!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Now I'd love to wake up to this breakfast! Yum!

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of the heartiest breakfast dishes I've seen in awhile :). It sounds delicious and savory! I'd like to include your recipe on our blog, please let me know if you're interested!

Sophie, Key Ingredient Blogger in Chief
sophie@keyingredient.com