Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tilapia and Spinach with Hoisin Sauce

This is a quick and healthy way to give fish lots of flavor. Any mild fish can be used for this dish. We were trying to find ways to incorporate spinach into as many meals as possible and this was a great addition to this dish. I didn't cook the spinach at all for this dish so it was still nice and crisp.

Tilapia and Spinach with Hoisin Sauce
4 tilapia fillets (ours were frozen)
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 scallions
2 cups fresh spinach
steamed white rice

Place frozen fish fillets in a George Foreman grill for 8 minutes (feel free to cook fish any way-on a grill, bake in the oven, or saute in a pan).
Add hoisin, soy, ginger, chili flakes, honey, and vinegar to a small sauce pan on medium heat.
Dice the scallion and add half to the sauce and reserve the other half.
Simmer sauce until warm and slightly thickens about 5 minutes.
To assemble dish, place steamed rice on plate with a generous handful of fresh spinach, 2 tilapia fillets, drizzle with the sauce, and sprinkle some scallion on top.

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Now this looks awesome and I can definitely see myself gobbling this up!

gaga said...

I love tilapia, spinach and hoisin but have never tried them together before. I'm sure I'd love it!

Anonymous said...

Yum! The use of honey and ginger is always tasty, especially with fish!

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post.