Friday, June 6, 2008

Cold Sesame Noodles



These noodles turned out way too rich to eat very much at a time, but that didn't stop my husband and I from finishing off the leftovers another day. Next time I will cut down on some of the peanut butter. This recipe was based off of one by Tyler Florence, but I added and changed things to make it faster and with the ingredients I had on hand.

Cold Sesame Noodles

1 lb cooked spaghetti
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp ginger powder
2 cloves of garlic, mashed
2 tsp chili sauce
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
6 tbsp hot water
cucumber slices for garnish

Combine oil, ginger, garlic, chili sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, and soy sauce and microwave for about 30 seconds to loosen up peanut butter. Mix until combined. Toss with cooked pasta, and hot water. Garnish with cucumber slices.

I served this with a grilled chicken breast.

No comments: