Friday, June 6, 2008

My Take on Red Robin's California Chicken Burger



I am addicted to Red Robin's California Chicken Burger, so I though it would be pretty easy to make my own version at home. I made it a little healthier by not adding the cheese and bacon. The avocado wasn't as ripe as I would have liked it to be, but it still hit the spot.

My California Chicken Burger

3 wheat buns
3 chicken breasts
1 small vidalia onion
1 avocado
romaine lettuce
mayonnaise
salt, pepper

Preheat grill on medium high. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts about 9-10 minutes per side ( until reaches 165 degrees with meat thermometer). Also grill onion for about 5 minutes. Toast the buns for about 1 minute on upper grill rack. Assemble sandwich with chicken, grilled onion, lettuce, mayo, and mashed avocado.

No comments: