Thursday, July 31, 2008

BBQ Pork Spareribs





I love BBQ ribs, but had never made them before. They were on sale this week, so I knew I had to give it a try. They turned out so tender they were falling off the bone!!! I will make these again. My husband can now die a happy man.


BBQ Pork Spareribs

Dry Rub
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

1 rack pork spareribs (about 4 lbs)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)

Mix ingredients for dry rub together.
Pat ribs dry and rub spice mixture on both sides.
Refrigerate ribs for about 8 hours prior to cooking.
Cook ribs at 325 degrees for 2 hours wrapped tightly in foil.
Preheat grill to 350.
Remove from ribs from foil.
Coat ribs with barbecue sauce and grill on each side for about 10 minutes.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I know it's crazy, but I have never made ribs at home! I will have to try this, thanks!

Anonymous said...

mmm ... my mouth is watering! Those look awesome!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Man, does that look awesome. You've inspired me to possibly have dinner out tonight and get some BBQ!