Friday, July 25, 2008

Chocolate Trifle





Here is another weekly recipe from the Weekend Warriors. I made this for a going away party for a couple of people at my work. I was unable to taste the dish due not having everyone there at the same time for the party, so I left the dish. I did try the pudding filling and it tasted great!! The recipe was from allrecipes.com

Chocolate Trifle

19.8oz package brownie mix
3.9oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup water
8oz container whipped topping
12oz container whipped topping
1.5oz bar chocolate candy

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely.
Cut brownies into 1 inch pieces.
In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk.
Mix until smooth, then fold in the 8oz whipped topping until no streaks remain.
In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of pudding mixture, and half of the 12 oz whipped topping.
Repeat layers.
Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish.
Refrigerate for 8 hours prior to serving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'd like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you're interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details: http://blog.keyingredient.com/2008/06/06/key-ingredient-cooks-kitchen-recipe-contest/

Thanks :),
Sophie
KI Chief Blogger

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Wow - talk about decadent! I swear I tucked this or a similar recipe aside so I could make it. I'm glad you did because it looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm this looks so rich and delicious!

Maryanna said...

That looks so good. I love trifles, and chocolate is even better. These are perfect dishes to serve to a group... can't go wrong.